Monday 23 November 2009

Arab Street

Arab Street (by Nene, warning: this is also old)

This is also from awhile back when I played tour guide and we went to Arab Street to check out Masjid Sultan and the area. Ahh now I know why I suggested the place, cause I was interested in applying to the History Channel but I didn't really find any juicy stories about the mosque when we were there. Did take some nice pics though.
We even went inside the mosque and this was my first time actually stepping inside. Did the audio tour thing. Oh yeah I was inappropriately dressed and had to put on this jubah. So unglam. Makcik siput anyone? :)
And then we were just wandering around when we came across the Malay Heritage Centre and I realised I'd never seen the place before either so we decided to check it out. There was a batik exhibition by Sarkasi Said and then there were these rooms outside and we went into one with the sign 'Ceramic Workshop: Artist in session' or something like that cause I was curious. There was this elderly man doing some pottery and he was really nice and started talking to us and asking us questions about ourselves and all that and then after awhile it hit me that he's actually Iskandar Jalil! Pretty cool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment